Friday, October 19, 2007

Other books on the list

When I went to a bookshop to get a book for Kari, I noticed some other titles that I liked. Usually I get the books from a local library and very rarely buy fiction for myself. So, when I saw so many other books I couldn't really decide which one to send to my swap partner. Later I stuck to my first choice.

The other three books that I was holding in my hands and deciding among them:
  1. Perfume by Patrick Suskind - I read this story about 15 or so years ago and I loved it! The book is a real hit of this summer. Funny, how forgotten books become popular again.
  2. The Reader by Bernhard Schlink - I don't really remember the story of this book but I know that I liked it a lot. Perhaps it is time to read it again and remember.
  3. A year in Provence by Peter Mayle - a funny story for cloudy days in our lives. I spent 14 days in Provence ten years ago and it is nice to remember and get to know a different culture through the eyes of a foreigner. You will love it!
Yesterday when I was in the library I noticed another three books that I liked reading:
  1. The Lost Men by Kelly Tyler-Lewis - I used to read lots of books about the travels to Antarctica. I don't like the cold but I enjoy reading the books of faraway places like Antarctica and the brave men who were discovering it.
  2. Berserk in the Antarctic by David Mercy - this is another book about travels to the Terra incognita, this time the story is told by one of those 'mad' guys who did it. Pure madness!
  3. Hombre by Elmore Leonard - I loved this book! I read this one in the spring and it remembered me of the days spent on the Great Plains and my youth when I was reading Winnetou by Karl May.
One of the best books I have ever read was The Trifle-shop 'Lucky hand' by Goran Petrović but I don't think it is translated into English. Praise to the author!

Happy reading!

No comments: