Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A book

I went to a bookstore yesterday in the afternoon. I like browsing through the books although usually I don't buy anything. Books in Slovenia are very expensive and for this reason I visit our local library instead of buying books.
This time I stopped in the childrens' book department first and I saw it again: the Slovenian version of Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney and illustrated by Anita Jeram.

Many years ago I gave this book as a present to somebody I loved. Right up to the moon... AND BACK. Perhaps for the nostalgic reasons I had to have this book. As this man has a very special meaning in my life.
Now I finally own it, this fine book. It is on the list of my favorites. And this list is very short. I kept touching the book yesterday and I read it a couple of times. Although it has a hardcover, it is soft when you touch it. Especially when there are such sweet and gentle memories in your heart as mine are.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I'm so pleased to receive your comments on my blog and thrilled you're part of the pif exchange - I'll have plenty of time to read your blog and find something you'll love to make for you.

Must dash - girls need to go to kinder - but I look forward to reading more of your words!

Victoria