Monday, June 23, 2008

Night of magic

In the old days people believed that the night of 23-24 June is a magical night. I have put a bouquet of St John's worts on my door to keep my home safe from dark forces. :) Well, not that I am really superstitious but it is nice to follow old habits and beliefs. And it is nice to have flowers on the front door.

It is an old belief that if you carry the seed of fern in your shoes during this night you are able to understand the animal language and in some cases you might become invisible.It is a magical night. People still burn bonfires in this night. I like such holidays which derive from the old ages, from the pagan days. People were so close to the nature and I think that for some time we have forgotten about this. About the power of nature.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Glad to see you're back - hope all is well.