Friday, September 5, 2008

Look up!

Usually when I walk through the city center, I don't look down in front of me like I do in the mountains, but I look up, where the beauties of skilled workers of the past are hidden. Ljubljana has so many secrets but if you look only at the windows of the shops, you can't see them.Yesterday we ate our lunch in Le Petit Cafe, where the food (and coffee) is good but too expensive for everyday lunch, and while walking back to work (and looking up!) a colleague of mine coincidentally mentioned her art teacher who had ordered her students in the secondary school to go to the city center and check for these little hidden treasures I mentioned at the beginning. I could hardly believe but it was the same teacher I had 10 years before. She was teaching my dad too, so she must be quite old now. Narcisa is her name (yes, she has a name of a flower) and she was strict but one of the best teachers I had. I have learned so much from her about art. I joined one of the excursions to Italy (where Slovenian is still spoken) she prepared every year for those who were interested in culture and art. It was an amazing experience! Weird, but I was the only one from my school at that, or any excursions she prepared. Yesterday we agreed on two things:
  1. that we can learn so much from some people and waste lots of time with others
  2. that Ljubljana's city center is really beautiful if you look up! :)

No comments: