Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Frost

I was eating raspberries yesterday in the afternoon in the garden but I guess they are frozen today. It is the first day when we have frost this autumn. It was one of those rare mornings when I could actually see the stars and the moon when I woke up. It looks like Venus and Jupiter are both in the morning sky - I will have to look up in my book to see if one of them isn't some other bright planet. I saw a deer on a meadow while driving to work - I just wonder how many other people did actually see it. Nobody?
Something is scratching me in my throat, I've been drinking lots of tea and lemonade since early morning. I hope I will get better during the day, I wouldn't like to miss my course and especially not my grandmom's birthday party which will be this Saturday. She will be 80 and my granddad will be 90 in January. I would like to be there, with them again. I wouldn't be writing about the things I write today, if I didn't spend so much time with them. Granddad used to read to us and grandmom taught us about nature. We used to walk a lot and spent each spare moment outside. Time with them has shaped me. And I am grateful for that because I think that this what I've got from them is the best I have.

No comments: