Friday, February 29, 2008

Words

Today I received my Calvin&Hobbes cartoon in my mailbox which says:
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.
Yeah, right!
I love Calvin&Hobbes cartoons, they make me smile every day. So clever and so human. Sometimes words really don't hurt me but usually they do. I can't help it. I cry a lot but I think that this also prevents me from being fatally ill because keeping things in myself hurts even more. I think that I will have to organize my life a little, so that I will be more satisfied with what I do. Writing blog with a name Another beautiful day should be justified in some way. Though, really, every day is special and in some way beautiful.

How do you cope with words? With those, which (might) hurt you?

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I don't handle them well, I'm easily wounded although I'm expert at hiding it in terms of expression at least. I cry a lot too, although I worry that I'm hardening that I don't do it as much - isn't that silly. I actually cried tonight. On impulse I bought 3 items of clothing, something I never do because there is always something else, and because my husband he's not mean but he's practical. Well I showed him and he was luke warm, stupid, but it makes me feel like a child and he's the disapproving father. I cried with disappointment and I'll take them back, not because he said anything, but because he didn't.