Thursday, June 12, 2008

Indulgence

It was a pleasant afternoon. There was lots to do at home but it was my day off. Home errands can wait. I met a friend in Ljubljana's park Tivoli. It is a pleasant park; there is a small pond in it with a lovely cafe. At the beginning of the 20th century when the winters were still very cold, ice formed on the pond and it was a popular skating place for the citizens of Ljubljana. I can easily imagine women in those long skirts enjoying themselves. I wish I could join them for an hour... During the summer time there were a few boats and people were enjoying their days rowing up and down that small pond. It is so interesting how in the old days distances were huge compared to today.I had an ice-cream with strawberries. Lots of both. We chatted there for about three and a half hours and watched the people go by. My friend brought me a Marie Claire magazine. She likes one of the hats in the magazine and I might sew it for her. It's her birthday soon. When I looked up the instructions, there was a problem. Of course - French. I don't speak it. Perhaps my mom will be able to help, she learned French at school. And I even thought: how difficult can be to make a hat like that? I am an optimist, what do you say? :)Later I was in a shop and saw some amazing sweets. An ice-cream from my youth. It is great that at the 50th anniversary they packed it into the same package as then. Otherwise it has still the same taste and shape as then when I was a little girl. We call all those ice-creams on the stick lučka (č is read as ch). Actually lučka is named after a girl who's name was Lučka. It means a small light/lamp. I often buy myself that little bar of chocolate with raisins and cashews. I noticed a chocolate in a nice package yesterday but I just took a photo of it. Maybe I will buy it the next time, although I don't really like white chocolate or strawberries in it. Today it is raining but the memory of yesterday makes this murky day very pleasant.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The pond looks just lovely. Glad you had an enjoyable outing. And, what cute packaging on the ice cream goodies. Thanks for sharing the pictures.