Friday, June 13, 2008

A gift

It seems that after the first, I could say terrible, months of this year, life is getting back to normal again. In the past two weeks I received many goodies from my friends here and around the world that brightened my days.I almost didn't notice the package which our mailman left on my window yesterday. I knew immediately what it was! I was so excited opening it as the title of the book which was in a package was so promising. The package was coming all the way from the US, send to me by my so thoughtful blog friend. :) Thank you so much, Kari, for remembering me and sending me this lovely book! You made my day! You made my afternoon such a pleasant one! How good it feels when you know that there is somebody on the other side of the world who thinks of you.

I flipped through the pages and read that the story was happening in Belize. How funny, when I was about 13 years old we had to write an essay on one of the chosen countries (by our geography teacher) - I had to write about Trinidad and Tobago and Belize. The literature on such 'remote and unknown' countries was so rare in our library that I hardly managed to write a few paragraphs. I just wonder if I am ever able to visit both of these countries.

So, I can't wait for my week off work (that's already next week!) to have time and read the book. To escape everyday life and go to faraway places. Although only in my mind...

3 comments:

Victoria said...

You are spoiled aren't you - you must be a rather nice lady!!!

Pina said...

I am, and it feels so good. It is so good to know that I have friends out there. :)

Unknown said...

You are very welcome! I was drawn to the book because of the story as well as the beautiful cover. I did learn a lot about Belize. Enjoy!