Friday, June 13, 2008

Saturday, 14.6.1997

It was a warm, sunny day.

My dress looked terrible.

My hairdo looked even worse.

My shoes were not comfortable.

Not to mention my glasses.

I had a huge red spot below my right eye.

I have never been that fat before (or after) in my whole life.

Mr B's dad canceled a violin player.

The officials were telling me to bring up my children so that my neighbors would be proud of them. How could they presume that I could/would have any children at all?

It was one of the rare days in my life when I was driving my car 200km/h. It felt like flying.

I was in a manor house Zemono, a lovely place near the birthplace of my grandmother. My close family was there. I chose it to be so. And some other people that had to be there. Nobody remembered to throw rice at the newlyweds.

The food was excellent and the groom was beautiful. I was the bride. It was my wedding day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary tomorrow!! ours was yesterday.

paperseed said...

Ah, the things we remember from our wedding day. I don't recall you mentioning Mr. B before, or am I getting him confused with Mr. z?

Yeah, we had some hiccups at our wedding, too (four years ago next month). It was a record 103 degrees, the linen service lied about the white tablecloths they were supposed to provide (they had none), so I had no choice but to go with black (at a wedding!) and my husband never took the time to put the reception music together, which was his one and only real job besides showing up. But thank goodness for the good memories, too!

Pina said...

Mr B and Mr Ž are two different persons. Life is full of surprises and some are unfortunately not so happy ones. And as you said, Emily, we have to be grateful for the good memories. :)