Monday, June 2, 2008

Working weekend

Sewing and drawing
Finally I did some sewing because our 'Street day' is approaching rapidly. I like it decorated, I like it festive. There will be around 25 people coming; at first it was meant that there will be only 6 of us. I also made a small banner which will be hanged over the street.
Baking
I borrowed all sorts of books on Friday in our library. About cooking. To get some ideas for our feast on Saturday. I came upon a book with the recipes from the part of Slovenia where Mr Ž is from. I baked this sort of bread several times but it never came out that good as it should had. I tried again and it didn't work out. Now, Mr Ž will ask his friend's wife for the recipe, I hope she will give it to me. It is a delicious bread, if made correctly. It is called pereci; I think that this means pretzel in Hungarian (as this is supposed to be a Hungarian sort of bread). So, I am still deciding what sort of bread to bake for the feast. Perhaps Mr Ž will bring some from his village's bakery.


Weeding
I didn't take any photos of my garden but I spent lots of time weeding during the weekend. It is a special kind of soil where I live and the grass is growing quicker in it than my little seedlings and plants. Also animals who like to eat my salad are very active these days. It has been extremely hot and windy for this time of the year. It was 35 degrees Celsius yesterday... It is the nicest time of the year for me. This time with all kinds of fragrances in the air, colors, flowers, plants, animals... Time to wonder what kind of living creatures share this fragile Earth with us.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Those curly breads look wonderful - what a great idea to do it like that. Wish I could try!

crystal kluge said...

Hi Pina - I love your blog! You are inspiring me to practice my sewing & baking skills. So Beautiful!

paperseed said...

Nice job on the preparations!