Friday, July 18, 2008

Child and birthday (oh, not again!)

Yesterday was a pleasant day to spend lunch in a park nearby. Watching the people pass by, chat and laugh. There were many young mothers with their little babies; a great meeting point it is, this little cafe in the park. On my way to the park I saw a giraffe, drawn on a wall. I wish I could have taken picture of whole of it but there was so little place in that narrow staircase and the sun was shining from the wrong direction, so maybe another time I will take a better shot of it. I approve graffiti if they make the wall look less dull and boring. The giraffe made the staircase look much nicer than it was. Something you smile at when you pass by - if you are one of those people who notice such things while walking around.There is a child in me, always and everywhere. I have no idea why it is so but I like to play. Tomorrow is one of such days when I will be like a child again, being spoiled every and each moment of it. Because it is my birthday. A very special day in a year. I was born on Saturday, on the 200th day in a year.

2 comments:

paperseed said...

Wow. That giraffe is amazing, and I agree with you about graffiti. Even it has its place. I'm wondering if it must have been approved ahead of time, because it must have taken quite a while to put all those colorful spots in place.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you! I hope you have a wonderful day and as well as a wonderful year!