Monday, July 21, 2008

It's my party...

... and I cry if I want to...

No, it wasn't that bad at all. Thank you so much for your birthday wishes! :)
I spent the day looking for ripe wild raspberries. I will have to come again, in about two weeks, they are still small and green. Though, I ate delicious sour milk with some sponge cake and potica, lots of wild blueberries and had a wonderful view on the beloved mountains. It is amazing how colors of the flowers blooming change through the seasons - now there are lots of violet and yellow flowers in the bloom right now. At least below 1800m above sea level.
On the way up to the hill called Porezen, Mr Ž and I stopped at the lace fair in Železniki, one of the towns not far from Ljubljana. Amazing work! How can you go home empty handed seeing all the beauties made by hardworking hands? Women are paid only 1,50 Euro per hour doing this work! A shame, really. We left lots of donation for them in a basket put next to the exhibited pieces of lace. It was Mr Ž who tried the cherry schnapps and I had (oh, yes!) a cup of Turkish coffee and a lemonade. In the evening we went to a party of little Gaja (I guess in English you would write it Gaia). I sewed a little bag and put three round fish into it for Gaja's older sister Julija. They were a hit, all children at the party put the fish into the cake and then into their mouth. Imagination has no limits! :) It was a pleasant lazy day. Well, I won't describe the steep and dangerous slopes Mr Ž lead me to - it should have been a shortcut but it wasn't... Yes, I almost cried there...

1 comment:

paperseed said...

Sounds quite memorable. I've heard of Turkish coffee, but have never had an opportunity to try it. And that lace is striking. I may not desire any of it for myself, but I certainly appreciate the time and effort that it takes to create such masterful works.