Friday, July 11, 2008

How small it is...

...this little country I live in. On Wednesday my skin smelled of sea and salt, on Thursday my lungs were filled with fresh mountain air. One can climb the highest mountains and bath in the sea on the same day in Slovenia, so small it is.I didn't wash my hair after diving in the sea, so it smelt of salt while I was walking up the hill yesterday in the morning. I wonder why I keep coming back on Možic. Well, not that I wouldn't know the answer... It is one of the most beautiful spots that you can reach in less than one hour from the parking place. And it is so amazing up there. Flowers are in full bloom right now - it feels just like walking through huge botanical garden. And the view is fantastic! It was so peaceful that all I could hear were flies, bees and beetles flying around me. I will come again. If not this year then the next one.
I enjoyed swimming in the sea again. Adriatic is very salty and warm sea. Slovenian part of it is a bit dirtier than the rest of it but still clean enough to swim in it safely. There are no huge waves like at the coast of the Atlantic Ocean or any other open seas. We don't have any nice beaches (well, those that are nice are crowded anyway) but to cool yourself you don't need a nice beach, right? It felt good, really good, to swim in the sea again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing them!