Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Simple life

In the cool of the evening I baked apple strudel. Apples were very small, from my grandparent's ranch, so it took me quite some time to prepare them. The strudel is a bit sour but very tasty. I like baking strudels because they are so easy to make and even if they look terrible before baking they are usually delicious later. I put some rhubarb into this one. I am having it for lunch today. Yum!The first one has arrived. Not that I get many cards during the year or for my birthday but all that I receive are from special friends (well, I don't have many anyway) and they are always so lovely.I will be away for tomorrow; the weather forecast is good and I will be enjoying the fresh mountain air again and rejoice at the look of those tiny Alpine flowers that are in full bloom right now. What more could I wish for?

2 comments:

Victoria said...

You kept that quiet - when is it?!

paperseed said...

Happy Birthday!