Thursday, July 17, 2008

Veliki Draški vrh...

... is the name of the mountain I climbed yesterday (on the left on the photo, on the right is Triglav, our highest mountain). 2243m above sea level - it took me around three hours to get up there and more than three to get down again (yes, flowers everywhere!). I took 610 photos (no wonder I need so much more time for the climb than it is usually written in the guides). The view was magnificent, everywhere I looked was something that took my breath away. And the fragrance, the strong fragrance of Sternbergs pinks (Dianthus sternbergii)! Intoxicating! Herdsman at the pasture invited me to stay with him... I had to laugh aloud at that offer! However, he makes delicious cheese. It was such a pleasant sunny summer day. I wish there were more like that.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

What an amazing day - so beautiful. I remember we were walking along the Amalfi Coast and a guy invited us in and he and his wife gave us coffee and cakes - they spoke zero english and our Italian then was very poor. He showed us his lemon grove and gave us a bottle of his homemade limoncello! By the way, I also need a job like yours, you can go hiking in the working week, or is that part of your role?

Pina said...

I just take a day off work (I have 26 such free paid days in a year). I can't afford a proper holiday (not yet, still 5 months to go to pay off my debts, can't wait!) and I made a deal with my boss that I can take a day off when the weather is nice so that I can go to the mountains. Of course, if all the work is done.