Monday, July 7, 2008

Summer's in the air

Don't think that I was sewing this weekend although I intended to do so. It is just too humid and at these temperatures all you wish for is to sit still and do nothing at all. Well, except if you are somewhere in the woods or up above 2000 m in the mountains.Sweet tooth as I am I baked a squash strudel (sweet, of course; and yes, it does look like a giant snake!). My vegetable garden is full of pumpkin plants and I had to pull two more out to give place to other vegetables like rhubarb and cucumbers. Pepperoni is ripe too and hopefully tomato will be reddening soon. I doubt I will have any this year - there is this strange disease that destroys them each year as soon as they start to get red.
Not only summer, also love is in the air. Little beauties - Azure Damselflies (Coenagrion puella) are mating (click on a photo to see how the wings of a female are sparkling). In Slovenian they have a cute name (like most of the dragonflies) - travniški škratec - in translation it would be something like a meadow little dwarf. I love summer, it is my favorite time of a year. Maybe because I was born at the peak of it...

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Seeing your photos I think today I'll do something I haven't done in a very very long time - make apple streudel - YUM!! also, how do you get three photos side by side, I just cannot manage it. Do you put them into photoshop or something first?