Monday, August 25, 2008

When you are as high as the birds fly...

... then you have no wish to go down again. There was delicious food in a hut, clear sky, magnificent view, horses. I walked up Kladivo (it means hammer in English) which is a little above 2000m high. Enjoyed each and every moment of a day. There was fun corner for children and little dwarf peeking out of the flowers. The latter made me smile (though I really can't imagine to have one myself). Saturday is a good day to stroll through Ljubljana. If you are there before 9 a.m. you can see stalls being prepared by the artists, you can check the little shops that open at 8 a.m. and buy all sorts of (expensive) vegetables and fruit at the market. Don't miss that, if you ever visit Ljubljana, you won't regret it. It seems that only market is alive at Saturdays in the city center. I met Mojca Fo, happy and talkative young woman. I couldn't resist and bought a postcard made by her. Pictures are rather expensive, so I put them on my wish list. I watched her while she was drawing and it looked so easy. Yeah, right! It is time when the blackberries are ripe. Not only that I make marmalade out of them, I also make very simple ice cream with them too - I freeze them, then add a little bit of cream and maple syrup and mix everything together (I added some mashed banana the other day - yum!). Each day I pick some fresh vegetables from the garden; there is something ripe everywhere you look! First figs are ripe too and it is time to go to the seaside to eat some more. A plan is to go to the beach on Wednesday, I just wonder if Ž will really fulfill his promise. Let's wait and see.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

what are the fruits to the left of the basket with peppers herbs and I think leeks? They look kind of like grapes but different.

Pina said...

They are kind of blackberries that grow wild where I live. Beside peppers, parsley, basil and eggplants, there is mangold. I always forget about it. The other day I baked strudel filled with it and some cottage cheese (+ egg, herbs, salt, sour cream).