Wednesday, October 22, 2008

God save the Queen

World has become small and we are loaded with all sorts of information and knowledge. After many many years of waving to our ex-leaders with little flags, average citizen of Slovenia is actually fed up with visits of "important" people. Too much money is spent for such occasions.Queen Elizabeth II is visiting Slovenia this week. Streets are closed, parking places too, the whole Castle Hill is closed because of that. I think that most people don't care about this visit. However, I hope that Queen will enjoy her stay here. Although it looks like she is from another period of time, she seems to be a nice lady. I don't envy her, her job is not easy. At least not from my perspective...

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Love this photo and the colours together.

paperseed said...

Yeah, I certainly would not want to be queen. I have a hard time juggling my own life, much less being head of an entire country. There is definitely something to be said for a quiet life.