Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Winter weather

So that you won't think that there are only mountains and meadows in Slovenia, I am posting a photo from my short walk in the woods on Sunday. More than 60% of Slovenia is actually covered by woods. And there, where I was the other day, it is not so uncommon to meet a bear. These creatures come as far as I live, so to the suburbs of Ljubljana - one was spotted around my neighborhood last year. It is not so difficult to see a fox (well, most are killed by hunters anyway), and deer is common in the fields nearby.Today this landscape is covered by snow. It is the wet snow which usually causes many car accidents because it becomes slippery as soon as it falls on the solid ground. Yesterday I stayed at home and made another couple of paper stars. Blue ones. Today the red one is on my schedule and cleaning of another couple of windows, too. So that stars will look nice on them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo. Reminds me of my travels in Austria and Germany.