Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Floods

We've had lots of rain lately and there have been enormous floods in the vicinity of my home. As I have written before, there used to be a lake where I live now. Well, that was quite some time ago, a few thousands of years have passed since that time but it is still very wet and the remnants of that time are floods. I actually live on a bog and my house stands on wooden logs. This gives it stability, so that it doesn't sink or leans like some, poorly built do.

This is how it was on Saturday:On a photo is not a river, it is a road about 3 km away from my home. And I do not sit in a boat or canoe, I safely sit in a car.

I hope and wish that one day I will leave this place and move to some drier one. To the one where on the mornings like this sun shines. And one which has a magnificent view on the mountains near by. I am not a 'water' person. If I had to rank four elements, this would be their order: air, earth, fire, .............water. The last on the list.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the water! Here in Australia it is so dry, we are on water restrictions as to how much we can use!! It has, however, rained a little bit today which has been nice.

Pina said...

Oh, then I will try to enjoy in what we have! :)

Anonymous said...

I would love to live on a lake or an ocean....but I would never want to have to worry about floods or having my possessions covered with floodwaters or mud. So I can see how you feel just by looking at that water. We are supposed to get 2 inches of rain today....it is very gray outside. I would rather have the snow.

Anonymous said...

I see what you mean, though, Pina. Too much of any sort of weather is hard to deal with. I complain about all the sunshine and warmth we get here but a friend of mine in Germany said she would love to have just a little bit of that sunshine!

Victoria said...

That's amazing. How is your house now after the last dramas with damp - is it going to be okay this winter?

Pina said...

It is so good that we cannot control the weather, don't you think so? :)

Victoria, I hope that everything will be fine from now on. Neighbors have had some problems recently and it is for sure a mistake made by a constructor (or architect, who knows!) of the purifying plant that we need to have in every home (due to living in a marshy place). Though, my home is still the same as before, unfortunately. I am patiently waiting that promises will be fulfilled...

paperseed said...

Whoa. That is a lot of water.

We're having some strange weather, too. As I write it is snowing outside, which is really rare, and the wind is blowing like crazy. I actually like it, but that is probably because we are all warm and cozy inside.