Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sleepy

After a weekend of counting birds, waking up between 2 and 4am and going to sleep at 10pm, I am rather sleepy. I will look even worse tomorrow as I will do the night monitoring this evening. Corncrake is endangered bird species in Slovenia; due to the EU legislation farmers are changing meadows into fields and pastures, destroying the Corncrake habitat doing this. This year on the area I do the counting, the result by now is 0. Zero Corncrakes.
The vineyards I visited during the weekend are sprayed 14 times a year. Do we really want to drink such wine, full of pesticides? Well, luckily I don't drink it anyway. :)

These past few weeks have been so weird for me. Ups and downs, waiting for the fortune wheel to spin again. I know that I will have to wait some time longer to be content and happy again, probably by the end of this year or even longer. It is not easy when you can feel things and people slipping away from you, hoping they will stay in your life forever. Though I am fully aware that we have to let them go sometime. If they come back, they might be ours forever. Let's hope for the best.

3 comments:

Feronia said...

It's a cliche, Pina, but it's true - the only thing that's certain in this life is change. Thinking of you, as we both continue the journey :)

PS Sorry, I just typed this message accidentally into your previous post's comments: I am sleepy too!!

Victoria said...

Does talking help, I don't know, sometimes yes and sometimes no. If you have no control and are just waiting, it's sooo hard.

paperseed said...

Sad about the Corncrakes. I don't drink wine either - I'm allergic to alcohol.