Thursday, July 23, 2009

Blue sky, blue sea and lots of ice cream

Blue is one of the colors I like this year. It feels good to go away from home to the places where all the worries are forgotten. Well, almost all. Croatia - Istria. Clear sea, cloudless sky and the fragrances of the Mediterranean plants. Unfriendly natives, high prices. Looking at the blue sky and blue sea felt sooo good. When swimming, the color of the sea was green. I have never been at the seaside when the sea was so calm. Almost no waves, though there was slight breeze all the time. Hot sun and the loud song of the cicadas made me sleepy and lazy. Vacation time, really.Two and a half days passed too quickly, but I had to return home; I have to water my friend's plants and start working on a new project. It is good to come back home if there are people with broad smiles and firm handshakes waiting for you. Wishing you all the best for your birthday. We will celebrate it tomorrow, the beginning of a new decade, hopefully a happy one.

2 comments:

Feronia said...

Looks beautiful - would love to go there :)

Pina said...

I hope you will make it someday. :) Though everything probably looks very tiny and small compared to the ocean in your part of the world.