Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Idleness

In a way I feel such urge to do something, but at the same time I enjoy these days of August doing absolutely nothing. At least it seems so to me. Going to work, work there for 8 hours, going back home, cooking something to eat, taking some water and food to Ž, flipping through the pages of magazines and books, watering the flowers, washing the dishes, doing laundry, maybe ironing if it is not too hot, watching the vegetables grow in the garden, staying at the stream nearby watching the dragonflies and water rail, chat with the neighbors ... all this seems to be so boring in a way, but it is what I do almost every day. It is my life. So time flies by and I have no stories to share... Do I?I very rarely go to the city center, although it is probably nice and lively there, especially in the evening. I am postponing a visit to the library for ages, being afraid that I will be reading so much as I did before. Somehow I often wonder if I will ever do any good for others, not only for myself. But you know, something is missing in my life to do this. Courage. Boldness. Though I do have my good days, you know. :)

4 comments:

Linasolopoesie said...

CIAO!!
Un caro saluto dall'ITALA
e buon ferragosto
LIna

Feronia said...

I think piecing our lives together every day is pretty courageous and pretty bold, Pina :)

Kačja pastirica said...

Prvi stavek mi je pisan na kožo :-)Sama se držim načela: Kdor misli, da kaj zamuja, največ zamuja. Tudi v "brezdelju" je čar.

Pina said...

Thank you, Lina. A pity that I don't speak Italian...

Oh yes, Emily, I do have my good days as I wrote; I am still alive and kicking. ;)

Mogoče bi se bolj spodbudno slišalo, kačja pastirica, če bi se držali načela, da mi, ki mislimo, da nekaj zamujamo, najmanj zamujamo. To bi bilo šele carsko! :)