Monday, August 17, 2009

Meeting people

It was on a radio the other day that we should meet people and relatives on Saturday's holiday. It is good to be together with others sometimes, sharing thoughts and news. I keep meeting people and forgetting their names too. Slowly they will get to know me and I will get to know them. It is not so easy for me, coming from the capital city, to be with people who speak different dialect, as they always think that it is our fault that things go wrong in this country. Sorry, but I can't help it that I was born and raised in Ljubljana... I could never understand that and I still don't. I value people for who they are, not for where they come from. But you know, I have learned to be nice to people although they say things I would rather not hear. It helps when I explain them that I do not live in the city center but in the suburbs...

I know that it is still a long way to go. Especially if I ever live there, in the NE part of Slovenia. Where the Milky Way can still be seen at night...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pina,Liked your post, as always. Talking about people in your country, over the past 9 years I have started to wonder who the people are in my country, and why they think and act the way they do. It has made me wonder about right and wrong, and if good works really do amount to anything, since it is so clear to me that bad people doing bad things simply go unpunished. Saying that, I am not talking about thieves or people in jail, I am mostly talking about the government and media (and I have a journalism degree). It has made me really question religion as well. OK I will stop typing and get back to work, but I truely wonder why people can't just treat others the way they would like to be treated; fairness, equality, love. Oh well. ( - :

paperseed said...

I wish people weren't always so quick to judge. It isn't fair or healthy, for either party.