Monday, June 27, 2011

Summertime

I know, I haven't been around for quite some time. I took a week off, and I have to say that it was a pleasant one. :) It started with helping my colleague to cover the roof of his weekend house. Ž and I had a special apartment, sleeping up in a hayrack. :)After a day of hard work we took a bath in a natural warm pool nearby. I enjoyed myself a lot, it felt more like a holiday than real work.

I spent the first day of summer in the mountains. The season has started, at least for me. My favorite time of a year is finally here! :) In the evening I visited an observatory located on one of the Ljubljana's hills. I had a chance to observe Saturn, galaxy and star mist with a professional telescope. I have realized that I know much more about the sky than an average Slovenian citizen. This probably comes from watching the stars every clear evening when I was a little girl. :)

I visited my grandmom this past week, too. She's been lonely and has become rather melancholic since she's alone. Most of the time we chatted, but in between I gathered some herbs for winter teas. These days chamomile smells nicely in my home. And in the garden waited so many raspberries for me that I couldn't eat them at once. Yum! Oh, summertime, what a joy you bring! Enjoy yours!

No comments: