Monday, September 19, 2011

Farewell summer

I am very grateful that we were granted some more hot summer days in September. It was unusually hot for this time of year. Now these days are over; yesterday we had the last day of summer - that real, hot summer. I enjoyed myself a lot during my favorite season of a year.

This is how it was around my home yesterday in the afternoon:Farewell summer. Snow fell in the mountains and if it doesn't melt, I will be up there again next year, not sooner. But this is how it is here where I live. Autumn won't bring peace and rest, there's still so much growing in my garden. Vegetables will have to be stored and conserved, house cleaned before the cold finally embraces the land. And then, there will be time to create again. In the warmth of my home.

No comments: