Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bird stamps

I often wonder why I exist in this world at all. What is a real meaning of my existence? Since I don't/can't have any children of my own this is even harder to know and understand. From time to time I get a proof that my existence in this world is not quite in vain. On Friday four Slovenian bird stamps will be issued. They wouldn't be if I didn't exist. But at the same time I ask myself - would be there really any difference if they weren't issued at all?

5 comments:

Maja said...

Čestitam za znamke! Krasne!

In, veš, jaz bi bila dosti manj srečna, če tebe ne bi bilo. Torej tvoja eksistenca še kako ima smisel :-).

Pina said...

Hvala, Maja. :) Mam solze v očkah.

paperseed said...

They are lovely Pina. And whose day isn't just at least a little bit brightened by a friendly piece of mail, especially with such a sweet stamp? Sometimes it is just the little things.

Pina said...

Thank you, Emily. Indeed, life is a mosaic of such sweet little things.

Emily said...

I have these thoughts myself sometimes, Pina. Why am I doing this? Who does it really matter to? But, as Emily says, it is each little piece, each little thing that builds itself into our own unique whole. I am struggling to get some writing done at the moment. I was just now flicking through a folder of old short stories I've written and phrases were jumping out at me all over the place. From thinking that I couldn't write and why was I bothering, I started to think "Hey, that's actually pretty good." And each phrase was a little expression of me, of myself. Sometimes we can't see just what we mean to ourselves and to the world at large without taking a step back and weighing things up from a little distance :) And I adore those stamps - I think your work with the birds is wonderful.