Monday, September 5, 2011

Kalški Greben

Kalški Greben (2224 m) is not one of those two mountains that are still waiting for me to climb but going on top of this one is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful trek in the Kamnik Alps. Of course, it depends on the path you take. Besides, you have to be fit enough to walk at least three hours to the top. And then back too. Walking across the ski slopes didn't make me happy but when I finally came on the mountain path I almost felt joy in my heart. I passed a mountain pasture where four beautiful horses were grazing the grass. Up led my path, and when I caught a sight of the mountains that I climbed two weeks ago I stopped and held my breath. So beautiful! People were rushing by me to the top, I just enjoyed the view. All day long. I took another path on my way back but I wasn't aware that in one part it was pretty dangerous. The view was great, although this path is not appropriate for dizzy people - there's a precipice on both sides. When I was on the safe side I deserved a short break with a beautiful view. It was so funny when I saw this artificial lake on top of the ski slope; the water is used in winter to make snow. I wished I could jump into it after a whole day of walking.Later I stopped at a little chapel, and then returned home. I was happy.

4 comments:

Feronia said...

Looks gorgeous! A *beautiful* country you live in :) And those little moments of 'Yes - I am happy'. That's the stuff!

Pina said...

:) I just hope that warm and sunny days will last, so that I will be able to enjoy more of the beauties of my country. Though, let me just go with the flow, winter might bring magic too.

paperseed said...

Incredibly beautiful! I'm so glad for the positive feelings you have right now. It totally shows in your photographs. :-)

Pina said...

Thanks, Emily. Thinking about this... maybe I should spend even more time in the mountains. ;)