Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Night sky

It is still time today to look up into an early evening sky to see the bright Venus and Jupiter close together. From tomorrow on they will be farther apart each day.

I looked through a telescope yesterday again, also to show my neighbor the Jupiter and its five moons. At the end three neighbors joined me and were astonished at what they saw. I promised them another lesson about the night sky soon. It is somehow strange to learn that some people don't know that our Sun is a star and have no idea how to find the North Star in the sky. I took all this for granted from as long as I can remember. Obviously I had better teachers or maybe I was just more curious.

Anyway, I was happy to share my knowledge with my neighbors. At the moment this seems the only good reason to be in this world - to share what I know.

No comments: