Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter time

With rain also came that specific and wonderful smell of spring. I don't mind about rainy days around Easter because my calendar tells me not to plant and sow or work in the garden until Sunday. I like this holiday because we will gather with my closest relatives around the same table again. Mom makes this holiday very festive; at least I don't have a feeling that it is all about food like it is in many other families I know.

I almost don't eat any eggs but I like to color them for Easter. Yesterday I spotted an exhibition in the shopping mall and just stared and admired the masterpieces.

And I liked that lace, too. It is made with linen thread (like most beginners I use cotton thread). My eggs will get their color on Saturday morning. By celebrating Easter I celebrate the arrival of spring. Why would it be celebrated in accordance with the changes of the Moon if not for that reason?

4 comments:

alejandra said...

All those eggs are beautiful, thanks for sharing them, happy Easter!

Emily said...

What beautiful eggs. Have lovely Easter, Pina.

Pina said...

I am glad that you both like the eggs. :)

Victoria said...

We bought some very similar ones to the black red and white ones when Geoff and I were living in London and went to Prague for 3 days. That was when I was newly pregnant with Ella, it seems so long ago. A few have broken over the ensuing 9 years, but we still have about 8 intact.