Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Spring days

These days are so filled up with events that it is hard to take a breath and fully enjoy this marvelous spring. One more weekend away, and then I will, hopefully, spend some free days at home or at least somewhere where I really want to be. It is nice that national holidays are so close together. I will take tree days off work, though I still don't have any plans for this short break.
In spring we, birdwatchers, usually gather together. We wake up early, we go to bed in the middle of night, we share things we know, saw, heard. This time we were trying to find as many Hoopoes in the north-eastern part of Slovenia. On my paths I saw beautiful old houses, some meadows full of flowers, old apple trees and just too many big fields. It is a pity that these old houses are falling apart. This one is only about 100 years old: 
I was thinking if living so far away was an option but I don't think it is at the moment.

2 comments:

Feronia said...

Looks like you're enjoying some lovely weather there right now, Pina. I love that old house.

Pina said...

Yes, finally we have some sunshine and the temperature has risen as well. :)

I think it is only a matter of time when that house will fall apart by itself. A pity.