Tuesday, January 19, 2016

IWC 2016

Also this January I was present at the International Waterfowl Count, as always. I started to count the birds already on Friday because I was busy on Saturday morning and that afternoon I had to show how we do it to two other girls.
The Sava Bohinjka river
I wouldn't mind living in a house like this.
I am always happy when I drive to the Gorenjska region in the NW of the country, and so it was also this time. I chose to go there on Sunday, when a nice weather was promised, and indeed we had clear sky and sun shining bright on us. But … it was very cold. -7 °C might not be cold for someone from Finland where it’s around -30 at the moment but it is for us after such a mild autumn and beginning of the winter. No snow – happy me! It is much easier to walk those 4 km one way through the woods along the river if there’s no snow. I counted no less than 15 dippers this year, almost half of them were singing. Great! I have never heard anything like this before. And again, happy me! 

3 comments:

Melina said...

Hi Pina! I enjoy your blog. I hope you continue it in English so I can follow. I'm from Argentina, you've mentioned that you met an Argentinean the other day.! thought I'd comment here since while I've been reading you for a few tears now, I've never commented before.
I wish you all the best and hope I can continue reading about your life and crafts and enjoying your pretty pictures. Meli

Melina said...

Years not tears! :)

Emily said...

So good to read your blog again, Pina! I hope you have a good year.
Emily xx