Saturday, January 16, 2016

The white thread

It is interesting that I usually make lace or create other kinds of things in autumn and winter, but when spring comes, I just focus on other things in life. When days get longer and it gets warmer outside, I can’t sit at home, making lace. Last October I skipped my lace-making course because I could not afford it. Besides some of the Tuesday evenings were reserved for interesting lectures in the City Museum in Ljubljana. Luckily I found a group of lace-makers later, and although all of them are retired, they decided to let me join them.

So, I finished a napkin that I had started to make in 2014 (pictured), tried to make one in the Italian lace technique (I still work on it) and made a few earrings. I got a commission for another two pairs of earrings in different colors, which is a good start for my future projects. I have lots of plans for this year regarding lace-making but most of all, there’s still lots of work to be done, so that these plans, eventually, won’t just stay in my head or on paper. Besides, spring will be here in no time. 

No comments: