Monday, September 18, 2017

A new job

People have to kind of find their own level, hack their own way through the jungle, and in that respect we've mostly turned out okay.
~ Justin Cartwright, Leading the Cheers

Finally I am off the pills, but my back is still rather tight and I suppose it will get better after quite some time. I hope that I will get some good advice what to do to heal it completely later this week at the physiotherapy.

I start it the same day as my new job. Yes, a new job, finally! Although I will be able to keep it only by the end of this year, it is as precious as pure gold. I know already that I will work very hard and that the job will not be really for my liking, but at least I won't have to think every day if I earned enough money with the guided tours to pay my bills. It comforts me a bit that I will be still able to work as a guide in my free time.
Cold months of the year are ahead of us and I am glad that at last my life will get the rythm I so long wished for. But first of all I will have to take care of my health. This means a lot of all sorts of recreation, not just hiking to the mountains from time to time.

Yes, my precious mountains ... it's hard to tell how much I miss them. This mountain season is unfortunatelly over for me ... but it seems like the weather is on my side, at least for now (in the picture which I took yesterday on my short walk are flooded meadow and field --- we will get another "shipment" of rain today and tomorrow).

No comments: