Thursday, February 21, 2008

Birthday

It is my mom's birthday today. She is 60. She looks younger, though. Yesterday in the evening I was sewing, making a present for her. I didn't take a photo of this thing I made because I forgot and light was poor anyway. I will do this today when I come home and hopefully post the photo tomorrow.
Yes, we, the beginners at sewing! I forgot to wash the fabric first and when I'd sew everything already, I remembered... So, I washed the rest of the fabric and started the whole process from the scratch again. It happens, all the time. I am not really happy with the result but I think it came out nice anyway. I will give her also some coupons for a garden shop because she loves plants as much as I do. She always spends lots of money buying all sorts of seeds, plants and other things that go along. I will go to visit her in the evening, together with Mr Ž.
On Saturday we are having a big feast with all her close relatives. I find such feasts rather funny, sometimes also boring and tiring too. All sorts of people come and judge you and your deeds. The most amazing thing is when you hear a gossip about yourself from a person who doesn't know you at all or who has never met you before. You know, like that game 'telephone' when you whisper a word to your neighbor's ears and he does the same and so on... and at the end the last person says aloud completely other word than you told it at the beginning to your neighbor. So, it might be fun again on Saturday. I am looking forward to a cake my mom will bake, I haven't eaten one in quite a while. Mmm, can't wait!

P.s.: It is a full moon today; perhaps you watched a lunar eclipse which was about 10 hours ago (I was sleeping too tight)?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your mom!

I did see the lunar eclipse last night, it was very pretty. I woke my 11 yr. old daughter, and we went outside together around 10:00 p.m. to watch it.

paperseed said...

Happy birthday to your mom!

My husband and I had dinner with friends last night and did see the lunar eclipse. Very mysterious looking, but it was so cold that we only went out in spurts.

I love gardening, too. Not as good as I'd like to be, but I try. Actually, we just started some seeds indoor with a light a couple days ago, so I'm looking forward to their little appearance.