Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Hostel

I was inspired today by Victoria's shot of her breakfast and I want to share here more photos of the hostel I stayed at last week.First, my breakfast. I have completely forgotten that usually there is also breakfast included in the price of the accommodation. The girl in the hostel gave us a loaf of bread and several kinds of marmalade in the morning. Margarine was also available but I don't eat it. I prefer butter. I had milk with chocolate for my hot drink that morning. It was delicious although coming from a machine. Yes, I was greedy, you can see that I had three kinds of marmalade on bread. :) Mr Ž and I occupied the last free beds that day. Mr Ž actually slept on a floor mat. What I also liked very much (well, I liked all of it!) was the arrangement of the old kitchen. People used to cook in one of the corners of the house which eventually became black as the fire was on in the middle of the room. Once a year this place was painted. Life wasn't easy. Today we have other worries and life is too fast. This is what became of old kitchen - a cozy sitting place:
Place Pliskovica is named after pliska, an old and local name for a wagtail. Shepherds named their most vivacious sheep after this bird. Hence this sign beside the old vine: What amazed me at most was the silence when you stepped outside in the evening. Once in a while there was a car passing by. Otherwise - silence. How good it felt! (I am probably going to buy earplugs today as the noise in my house makes me crazy from time to time. I can't wait to have silent home again!)

2 comments:

Victoria said...

That did make me laugh - that breakfast is almost the same. My jam, however, was morello cherry - I love that jam, sweet but tart. Marmalade, I only like one kind, Roses Lime Marmalade which again is sweet but tart - maybe that's what I'm like?!

paperseed said...

I'd like to get away for a couple days. This looked like a really nice time. My mouth started to water at that photo of your breakfast. :-)