Monday, September 1, 2008

First day of September

First day of meteorological autumn. Mornings are cool and afternoons are hot. Summer days have passed so quickly. I know I will miss them. I love summer, I love time, when leaves are on trees. A bit more than two months and they will fall off. Half year of bare twigs and short days follow.

First day of school. Pupils will fill up the school desks again. I don’t envy them. Perhaps just a little bit; they have many more opportunities today for additional education. I was interested in so many things when I was a pupil but there was no possibility for a child to learn more!

Birthday of my friend from youth. We spent time together during the weekend. Sometimes not even that because she had to learn (her parents were teachers and so their expectations were high). She got married 14 days before me because she was pregnant. She has two daughters. I haven’t seen her for so many years now. Since we were teens. Happy birthday, Barbara.

2003. Five years ago. It was a sad day when a part of my life ended for good. Part that I have thought would last forever. I have learned that nothing lasts forever. I have just read a book His ‘n’ Hers by Mike Gayle and found a bit of my life story in it. With one slight difference – I never give a second chance to a man who had once left me. Never.

It is also Monday on 1 September this year. It feels like a new beginning.

No comments: