Friday, September 12, 2008

An ordinary day

I like being at home, wherever that is. I had never had problems with excepting new home. Although it is the first time when I feel that things are out of control and I can't put them in order. Mostly this is lack of closets in the house and perhaps a bit also because Ž is someone who likes chaos around him. Hopefully all will be soon placed where it belongs to.

I spend a lot of time in my kitchen which is weird because when I was a child I had this idea that I was not a person who would ever cook anything good. Then you grow up and everything changes...

Time spent in a car while driving back home is usually time when I think about what to cook that day. When I came home yesterday I went to the garden and picked three giant leaves of mangold, some parsley and carrots.

  • I quickly cooked millet, added some salt, butter and basil leaves when cooked.
  • I chopped mangold and cooked it in a bit of salty water. I added some olive oil, garlic, nutmeg, pine nuts and curd (I bought it from the shephard on Wednesday).
  • I grated one carrot, added some salt, chopped parsley, raisins and pumpkin oil.
... and that was it, my lunch for that day. Quickly made for one hungry mouth. Later I made these yellow squares of polenta, apple juice (from my grandparents' apples which contain no pesticides) and coconut flour. Usually I put in some raisins soaked in rum but this time I made them for my pregnant colleague who has diabetes (she has it now when she is pregnant). She is eating too many sweets and no vegetables, so her baby is too big due to eating such food. I hope she will like the sweets which are actually a bit sour at the same time.

All I know is that I will be eating a lot today. We have our annual meeting at one of the farmers ranch in the afternoon and the food there is too good to resist. Especially that apple strudel that comes on table when we are absolutelly full!


Have a nice weekend!

1 comment:

paperseed said...

That was thoughtful treat to make your pregnant friend. She probably has gestational diabetes, that you get only when you're pregnant. I totally thought I was going to get it, too, and who knows? I still may. But I'm trying to be more careful now. Trying.