Friday, October 3, 2008

Colorful Ljubljana

Always when I walk through the old part of Ljubljana, I realize that I live in a beautiful and pleasant city. Well, at least the old city center is nice, the rest of it is a mixture of several 'architectural monuments', as I call them. Ugly ones.
Last evening I had to be at the lecture organized by the organization I work for. There were lots of tourists on the streets of the old part of Ljubljana, most of them British and Japanese. It is so funny when you don't hear your own language while walking around. Of course, now it is much nicer to visit Ljubljana than in July or August when the streets smell of fried food. Returning to my car, I had to walk through the whole old part of the city. I noticed that Ljubljana is very colorful during the late hours of the evening. Pleasantly colorful also at night. I loved it and I am sure I will walk on those streets soon again. If not sooner, the next week when I start my graphic design course. I finally made it this far and I am very happy to indulge myself a bit. After five long years...

5 comments:

Victoria said...

You know a visit is already on our list, but gosh, so so beautiful.

Pina said...

I just hope the rooms in my house won't be such a mess anymore when you come around!

paperseed said...

Gorgeous photos. Love the top ones with the canoes and the buildings in the water's reflection. Good luck with your graphic design class. I think you'll really enjoy it.

María José Zabala Herrera said...

Hi Pina!
I just noticed you left a message on my blog on April! (sigh) I'm so sorry for not replying to you before.

Thanks for your nice comments.
I will resume blogging again, only sometimes in spanish.

Good luck on your course

Ovca said...

Živjo!

Tudi meni sta prva in tretja fotka super. Zganjam domotožje, ko berem tvoj blog :-).

Pozdrav s severa

Barbara