Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fragrances

The other day I received a whole bunch of peppermint leaves from my neighbor. I used to have it in my vegetable garden, too, but it slowly disappeared during the years. I left those leaves to dry, so now they are ready for use. I don't drink lots of peppermint tea, though.The other plant that I gathered yesterday was Purple Coneflower. Usually I received it from my grandmom, but as she cannot work in her garden this year, she will not be able to prepare the plants for tea. So, I gathered some of those that are growing in my backyard. They are so beautiful that it was not easy for me to cut them. But I know how healthy they are, so they are already hanging from the hook.

Without any doubt, summer will be over soon. We are eating the vegetables that have grown in our garden and gathering them for the long cold months. If we are not too lazy, we will be making elderberry jam next week. We always have plans to make jams, but sometimes there are years when there is no fruit on the branches.

Have you ever wondered where you will be in a year from now, who will be with you and what you will be doing? Will you have the same unfulfilled plans as this year and the same wishes and dreams?

3 comments:

Feronia said...

I find Peppermint tea is wonderful for nausea. Is Purple Coneflower the same as Echinacea?

I have spent a lot of time lately wondering what will have become of me one year, five years, ten years hence. Although it has been (and continues to be) hard, I think I am on a path that is taking me somewhere good. I really feel I've turned off that unfulfilling path once and for all. And I certainly know who I hope will be on this path with me, right to the very end.

Pina said...

Echinacea it is. :)

I am glad, Emily, that you know where you are going on this new path. I feel relieved; it seems that at least for you times are brighter than before, although it might be hard at the moment. I hope I will know where I am going by the end of this year, hopefully even sooner. This uncertainty is killing me; though it seems that I like torturing myself a little bit longer. I am glad that you are here to comfort me. Thanks. :)

Feronia said...

Found a great Japanese proverb the other day, Pina: Fall seven times and stand up eight.