Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Care for birds

It is amazing to see the things the kids create. You give them an example and they surpass you ten times. This is also a reason I like(d) spending time with younger people, as older ones seem(ed) so boring (and bored) to me. Maybe that's why people think I look younger than I am.In the past days we were creating bird feeders and cakes for birds. I have learned a lot from kids and from others that helped at the workshop. I felt clumsy at times, but at the end all ended well. Kids were happy, and this is what was important. Lately I've been sewing felt birds again, and they will be sold next week at the fair. Well, not really sold, they will be given away for a donation. I hope people will like them. The bird on a picture above is made of bread dough. Maybe I will show you one day how to make them. This one was given to me as a gift.

Karma for today: When you do a good deed, be grateful that you had the chance to do it.

3 comments:

Mojca said...

Lepo. Takšne ptičke pri nas pečemo za Miklavža (samo brez kljunčka :(
Ta poredni dobijo parkeljna, ta pridni pa "piško". :) Oziroma je tako, da je piško veliko lažje narediti kot parkeljna in potem, ko se naveličamo delat parkeljne, iz preostanka testa naredimo piške....komaj čakam. :)

Pina said...

Jaz tudi komaj čakam, samo kdo ve, kje bom takrat...

Feronia said...

I love the bread bird!