Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Carnival time

Yesterday was the last day of this year’s carnival time. I decorated only the door of our house. It looked like as we were the only people in our neighborhood celebrating Shrovetide. Children have grown up and nobody wearing a mask knocked on our door this year. Such a pity.


But! As each year I made a costume for myself and visited my parents and entertained our guests in the evening. As a pretty (kind of old and too fat) fairy I was making wishes to come true. I also made some sweets, called krhki flancati in Slovenian, to properly celebrate this day. Mum made doughnuts with jam, and our celebration of the carnival was perfect!
Today is just another ordinary day, the day when sweets and meat aren’t on our menu. And it should be so until Easter.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I think it's wonderful that you dress up, Pina - you bring happiness and cheer to others (and hopefully yourself)! Those pastries look lovely :) Warm wishes for Lent.
~ Emily

Pina said...

I dress mostly for myself. At least once a year I can be somebody else. :)

Anonymous said...

I made two masks.
And yes, the pastries look wonderful.