Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The weird one

Sometimes I think I am funny and weird doing some things. Like going to the graveyards looking for the information about my ancestors.

On Saturday we stopped in the village where my grandmom was born. Well, actually in the village nearby. While the guys were drinking their beer, I went to the graveyard, trying to find the last resting place of my grand grandparents. I didn't find it. Maybe there's another graveyard nearby, but the state in which my grandmom is right now, I didn't dare to ask her.Yesterday it would be the 137th birthday of my grand granddad from Poland. He lived in the times when Crazy Horse lived. So, so far away. Often I think of this when I see the tree giants which are more than 100 years old. All this makes me think that I should really seize the days I still have in front of me, not planning so much and not living in the past, remembering those happy times too much. I have to live life now, this moment. Not tomorrow. And the past is gone and it will never come back again.

P.s.: The flowers on the photo are in full bloom at this time of the year. Few and far between... They will disapear very soon if we are going to do with the nature what we are doing right now. At least here, where I live.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Absolutely, Pina - I have to keep reminding myself of it, too - all we have for sure is this moment. Which is kind of wonderful and kind of scary!