Monday, November 14, 2011

Ojstrica, 2350 m

Today I don't wonder anymore why my granddad named his house after Korošica, a mountain pasture in the mountains. When you climb the mountains and hills around it a whole new (and beautiful) world unfolds in front of your eyes. I mentioned already that I wish to climb one more mountain this year, and my wish came true this Saturday. I had other plans. Guys had a plan to go to the mountains to photograph Rock Ptarmigans (Lagopus muta). Without girls, of course. On Thursday just before going to bed Ž told me that I could come along. He knew that I would go up alone anyway. He just felt it. Later, when we were walking on the path to the top of Ojstrica, I realized that he is afraid that something bad would happen to me on my treks. Though, he is aware that I can't stay at home.One of our colleagues came along with us (the one who's girlfriend died this spring), the other one stayed down at the hut. His photo gear was just too heavy for him to carry it to the top. He was sorry later because we saw two Rock Ptarmigans just before reaching the peak of the mountain. They were almost completely white and their legs were fully feathered. Such beautiful birds. Our trek was full of good vibrations; it is hard to describe happiness we all felt that day. And it seemed that our friendship got a little bit stronger. Ž said later that this was the most beautiful mountain he ever climbed, and I couldn't agree more. It wasn't really the beautiful view from the top that was worth climbing it, it was more the scenery on our path that was breathtaking. I hope to return one day. Not necessarily to go to the top but to return to those mountain pastures below the rocky peak itself. And hopefully then the wind won't be blowing so strongly and it won't be so cold. :)

6 comments:

Maja said...

Super beautiful photos, Pina! And a lovely story. I'm sure this year is still to bring you new perspectives on life. Nice ones ...

Pina said...

O ja, Maja, saj vem, ampak lahko rečem, da je na nek način zdaj čisto v redu, če grem spat zimsko spanje. :) Želje izpolnjene, vse, kar še pride, bo bonus.
In zelo sem vesela, da tudi ti deliš z nami svoje podvige. Krasni so hribi, kjerkoli so že.

Feronia said...

It looks absolutely stunning, Pina. And I agree with Maja, such a lovely story to accompany the photos :)

Pina said...

Thanks Emily. :)

Mojca said...

Čudovito! Mi je jemalo dih, ko sem brala tvoj post. Privoščim ti iz dna srca, da bi trajala ta energija.
Morda pa je datum le naredil svoje ;)

Pina said...

Ja, krasno je bilo, en prav umirjen dan je bil. Zdaj pa preveč časa visim na fotkah, da si pričaram sonce v tej megli. :/

Za datum pa ne vem... Bi mi bilo kar ljubo, če bi bil 12. 8. in ne (že) 12. 11. ;)